Friday, October 21, 2011

First circuit of the winter season...

Since we'll be whooping up G's birthday with an all-out all-star bash the same day the first Saturday training circuit and pool paddle is scheduled (seriously coach, didn't you know it's a national holiday? and we have to do our hair?? what were you thinking???) we decided to get our butts up north and join the Thursday circuit - see the team, get back in the groove, blah blah blah. We met as usual, I threw all my junk into the back of G's car and off we sped.

We pull up to the border, G hands over our documents.

Border guard: Bonjour
G: Bonjour!
Guard: Where are you going?
G: To practice. On the Lachine Canal [Excellent, here we go again. Canada is bigger than DB and the Lachine Canal, but I'll keep my mouth shut.]
Guard: Is this your only license?
G: Who? Me?
Guard: Yes you.
G: Oh, yes... why?
Guard: It's expired.
G: What??!! It's expired?? ... OHHHH!!! My BIRTHDAY!! It expired YESTERDAY! OH MY GOD!
Guard: chuckles.
G: I PROMISE IF YOU LET ME GO I WILL GO AND RENEW IT STRAIGHT AWAY TOMORROW! OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. OH MY GOD! [hangs head in shame and disbelief. Me trying not to pee myself with laughter at this point]
Guard: chuckles some more. You might have a problem on the other side.
G: Oh dear.
[a little more back and forth that i can't remember but it's not all that important...you get the idea]
Guard: Have a nice day. [Waves us off.]
G: Oh thank you thank you!

HAHAHAHA. Barely 40 and already senile.. good sign for fun times ahead. hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment