Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Step away from the cookie jar.

The holidays are over. Get back to it.

So says our head coach. No BS, no sugar coating, just plain and simple - leave the leftover cookies alone (or better yet, give them away) and get back to serious. Have you seen the new planet fitness commercial by the way - it's a hoot and a half. Basically there's this humongous meathead checking out the gym and all he says is "I lift things up and put them down"... hilarious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGZvFZdVbk). Would be even funnier were it not for the fact that thru my head all that's going around is "I'm a dragon boater. I have to train." Hee.

Second fit test is in 10 days. It's a big deal.

Foot is healing well...I figured out I can row one-legged.. and now I can do it two-legged... sort of ... it's not pretty, and it's not efficient, but it works. Well I say not efficient.. but I am getting better times than I was last year, so this year's training is obviously working. (Yes A, it's WORKING!) And this week I also discovered that I can do the elliptical with the boot on.. go figure! Hooray for a little variety because I am mighty sick of the erg.

G is struggling a bit with some sort of bony growth under her finger on her palm, getting that checked out very soon. (What is going on? We're twins so we both have to have bony growth issues?? Sheesh!) But it's not preventing her from making big gains either.. we are definitely keeping each other motivated and on track. Well most of the time. Apparently I can't say "focus" with a French accent while she is doing the  bench press. That is not helpful I'm told.

This weightlifting thing works.. G can now lift ME!! 

We spent New Year's together (weird huh?) ... what possessed us to attend a party at a local hotel i have no idea, but it was lame with a capital L. Dinner was served at 7:30 sharp, under bright lights, without any music. Crazy right? The bands came on at 8:30.. they were ok, but definitely not what we were looking for. We were seriously among the youngest there. So we left the mix of sparkly tops and carpenter jeans, ball caps and construction boots (and even teva sandals, yes, without socks!) and hightailed it downtown. There we found a great table in a great restaurant noshed and drank to our hearts' content, kissed our sweeties at the stroke of midnight and welcomed 2012 (the year of Hong Kong!) into our lives.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! Make every day count!

No comments:

Post a Comment