Wednesday, May 11, 2011

out on the (cold!) northern water...

Yesterday we were out on the canal ... though the sun was shining and it was much warmer than last week's miserable, rainy, raw practices, it was still enough to make us wince when our hands dipped into the water. There's a sure-fire way to stop immersing our hands too far though.. coach M would have been pleased! Farted around with different length paddles a bit.. last week i brought my 50" just to make sure i really DO want to shorten it and the verdict was.. HECK YEAH. I was decidedly uncomfortable and it showed. G and I both have new paddles on order (check 'em out... http://www.kialoa.com) but they won't be here for a few more days. So yesterday I used my old 47" and G her 45"...yuck. Then I tried a club paddle.. like paddling with a cement block! One of my teamies graciously lent me hers for a good 1/4 of the practice though, which was fabulous - and reassured me that I've ordered a good length (48.5 in case you're wondering and yes, i can definitely feel the 1/2 inch difference) - fingers crossed that it gets here before we leave for our weekend training camp.

Today: 6 mile runs. Our half-marathon is in just over 2 weeks! Tomorrow: gym and rowing machine. Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment