Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's all starting to pay off...

You know you're doing something right when the most focused person in the gym pauses his own (crazy-insane-and-oh-so-inspiring) workout to tell you that you're "working harder than anyone in here.. it's so nice to see someone actually DOING something." It's also great when someone overhears your out-loud-musings about ditching the 35lb dumbbells for the 30lb ones and comments "hey, that's more than most guys use..." Makes you reconsider for sure. :) Hee!

Yesterday we ditched the chin-up machine for good. It's do or die time - no more sissying around. We're not quite at the unassisted level - still need the bands to get our chubby butts up off the ground - but we're creeping closer and closer. G has moved up to the orange/purple band, and i am warily looking over at the skinny yellow/black one... Friday... yeah, Friday. It's all in the mind, right?

Today's erg workout left G seeing stars and me wanting to explode from multiple ends. Gross but true. I for one was extremely reluctant to get myself on that hard, slippery little seat.. but I am so glad I didn't let temptation to get the better of me. (Plus having the Biggest Loser on TV doesn't hurt the motivation factor either!) My fastest SUSTAINED 30-second split time: 1:32! Whoop whoop... I've never seen the numbers go that low before.... the rush was nuts!

G left yesterday's -23-degree temperatures today and flew off to Florida to have a family reunion and to run a half-marathon with her brothers... which reminds me, I better hurry up and register for the Burlington half-marathon before my time to do so is up....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment